- Adam Sandler's "The Thanksgiving Song" has not held up well. I heard it today and was duly unimpressed.
- In retrospect, perhaps having the Detroit Lions playing every year on Thanksgiving was a poor decision.
- Someday I want to pull this off. But I know I'm far too lazy and unoriginal.
- Every year on Thanksgiving I wait to listen to "Alice's Restaurant." If you've never heard it, it's a twenty-plus minute long song by folk singer Arlo Guthrie. It's a right proper protest song that happens to take place (initially) on Thanksgiving, so many classic rock stations play it on this day. It serves its purpose, since 1) it's twenty minutes long, so normally doesn't get much (if any) airtime, and 2) lets the poor DJ who has to work on Thanksgiving a nice good-sized snooze.
- I never, ever want to hear anyone tell be again that 1) Tryptophan causes you to be sleepy, or 2) Tryptophan does not cause you to be sleepy. I get it.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Thanksgiving Day Special
A few quick Thanksgiving thoughts on this holiday: