Of course, this isn't the first time the light speed barrier has been broken. Here is a list of things that as far as I know have already been declared faster than light:
- The time between when you buy an iPad and when Apple comes out with a better version of the iPad
- Ryan Reynold's agent running out the door after The Green Lantern
- The time before Terra Nova--or any other reasonably high-quality drama on television--gets cancelled to make room for Real Vegas Mechanics Kitchen Challenge*
- Ron Paul's decreased chances of winning the Presidency if gold goes below $1200 an ounce.
- How fast Solyndra spent the "loan" money gift-wrapped for them
- Facebook changing its layout after its previous, privacy-compromising layout change
- How quickly people complain about said Facebook change
- The time between someone inventing planking and the time in which it is the stupidest thing ever
- Subscribers cancelling Netflix--I mean, Quikster.
- The time between when you first meet a new mother and the time she wants to tell you about their child's bowel movements in graphic detail
- Rick Perry, if someone tells him there is lost treasure to find, Injuns to attack, or a minority to execute
- The time before all scientists, rather than admit that they were wrong, declare this is what they meant all along in the first place
*I would still probably watch this.