- I think the next best thing for the TF2 developers is to make female versions of all the characters. You get to expand on the canon, you can make some headlines with being female-friendly, and it will add a lot to the fun. Also, I bet it makes a boatload of money.
- For the longest time I thought that the stickybombs from the Demoman were location-specific--that is, the went off if anyone got close. I didn't realize you needed to right-click to set them off. Whoops.
- I absolutely, positively suck as Spy. I have tried watching videos, watching what other people do, etc. and nothing seems to help. I do OK on certain maps, but by and large I basically get killed instantly as often as I maybe rack up one backstab. Half the time I just give up and start unloading my revolver into people. I'm a lazy, horrible Spy.
- I can't imagine playing in competitive games (as opposed to casual). This game is goofy enough as it is; it's hard to take too seriously. And that's exactly what it seems most people in that scene do.
- I think most of the "overpowered" weapons are just fine. This includes the mini-sentry and the Pomson.
- I have absolutely no idea what the Demoman is saying at any given time.
- While I get what the Botkiller/Collector/Killstreak/etc. class weapons are, I just can't wrap my head around it. I think they've gone a step or two too far in the in-game economy. Then again, if you don't buy into it, it doesn't affect gameplay.
- I love playing Sniper--and I'm pretty good at it--but since every new player wants to play Sniper too I never get the chance. I don't want to be that guy who is Sniper #3.
- I think hats are kinda dumb. There. I said it. But I get why it exists--it's a huge moneymaking opportunity for them.
- I'm glad this game wasn't around when I was in college or high school. I would so totally be a power trader (translation: I would be broke).
Saturday, November 30, 2013
Team Fortress 2 Confessions
This might be a little too inside baseball for a lot of you, but Team Fortress 2 (the absurd free online game) has been thriving for quite some time. I got hooked about two years ago. While I am by no means an expert at the game, I've logged a lot of fun and a lot of hours on it, and I think at this point it's confession time.